3-Day Fix to SUPERCHARGE your Metabolism
With the holidays just around the corner, now is the perfect time to jumpstart your metabolism. “When you have a slower-than-normal metabolism, it creates a cascade of negative side effects, including fatigue, mood swings, food cravings, and difficulty losing weight.” states an article by Healthline.com. Getting a handle on your metabolism now may prevent the holiday weight gain that usually pops up in January…and it can be done in only 3 days!
Day 1: (Saturday)
Get a solid 8 hours of sleep.
Don’t skip breakfast.
Work in a 20 minute strength training circuit or cardio.
Get to sleep before midnight.
Day 2 (Sunday)
Wake up at 8am.
Start your day with a cup of coffee.
Drink plenty of water.
Prep meals for the week — and be sure to throw in some chili peppers.
Increase your NEAT: (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) — or the energy that is expended from general daily activities — has a significant impact on the number of calories your body burns each day” states the article.
Day 3 (Monday):
Wake up after you’ve had 8 hours of sleep.
Add some protein to every meal
For the rest of the week (and your life!)
- Eat plenty of protein with each meal — 25 to 30 percent of your total daily calories — to boost your metabolism.
- Aim for at least 8 hours of high-quality sleep per night.
- Eat probiotic-rich foods (or take probiotic supplements).
- Meditate daily to keep stress to a minimum.
- Get in at least three metabolism-boosting workouts per week (strength training or cardio).
- Stay hydrated.
To read the details on the 3 day metabolism boost – click here.